The Catholic Monastery of St Paul in Kavala, otherwise known as the Lazarist Monastery of St Vincent de Paul of the Catholic Church of Kavala, was built in the period 1888-1892 in order to serve the congregational needs of the Catholics of that day who lived amongst the Orthodox Christians, Jews and Muslims. St Vincent was the founder of the Lazarist order and his statue stands in the facade of the building. The Lazarists, alongside their religious duties, taught French to the people of Kavala. In 1916, the Monastery housed the French Consulate.
Its architectural style is mixed, with the Ottoman and neoclassical elements more pronounced. The statue of Our Lady of the Rosary within a stone niche dominates the exterior of the building. Today it belongs to the Apostolic Vicariate of Thessaloniki and is the church used by the Catholics of Kavala, Drama and Serres, with Holy Services being held every Sunday at 10:00 am.